Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 26

I have discovered silken tofu, and it is good.

Another fun knitting day with Laura and this time she stayed for dinner. Honestly, I love cooking with another person and last night was a great team effort. I planned a Mexican extravaganza inspired by my urge to cook with pattypan squash again (I had a lot of fun with it in the summer and I noticed their numbers were dwindling as the farmer's market bows to the fall). That night we devoured refried beans, chipotle quinoa, and squash with cauliflower & fresh corn in cilantro-basil pesto. But the surprise of the night for me was the cilantro "sour cream." It was AMAZING. The recipe was adapted from Isa Chandra's but I accidentally (shhh) forgot to add the oil and it was still amazing. Honestly, I don't see why it needs oil. Leaving it out is so much healthier anyway. And nobody missed it. So good! I highly recommend trying this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment